2010年5月10日星期一

Screw happiness

and more broadli Cheap Inflatable Dinosaur Ship with happiness,In recent era -- dure which that smilei face icon ha move in and out of fashion -- an American obsess with perfection. ha grown robust. The 1990 saw the expans of the field of posit psychology, research into human content and optimism. That burgeon pursuit ha now begun to yield scientif fruit: scad of studi and paper dedic to exploring, evalu and then extrapol from how happi we ar as a culture.

while my boyfriend and I at at a restaur bar in New Orleans,Some week ago. the bartend repeatedli check on the progress of our meal by asking, "I everyth perfect?"

upon meet me,It wa a service-industri tic for which I could not wholli fault her; there wa a vast stretch of my profession life dure which. it wa quit like I would ask you if I could start you off with a signatur cocktail or encourag you to join Bath & Bodi s mail list for great deal on lotion and scrubs. You gotta sai what you gotta say.

eat a fine meal with a man I love in on of the world s great citi wa perfect. But onli for the split second it took to stop consid that the citi wa still unpopul by mani who long to be back in it after Katrina,But the measur of our meal against the bar of "perfection" wa jarring. By certain criteria. that I had forgotten to pai a bill and wa worri my credit card might not work, that the crab gnocchi wa a littl under-seasoned. No, of cours everyth wasn t perfect.

What struck me wa the expect -- not singular to thi restaur or thi bartend -- that it should be.

没有评论:

发表评论